Bread bread and more bread, yesss please! Come on, lets make together this nice looking bread loaf with black olive patè and finely chopped onions!
Strong taste, soft, nice with a glass of good red wine.
Are you with me?!
This is how you can surprise your friends next time they are over for dinner!
- 170ml of lukewarm milk
- 350g of bread flour
- 7g of active yeast
- 40ml of oil
- 1ts of sugar
- 2ts of salt
- 4 tbs of black olive patè
- 2 big onion, finely sliced and chopped
- 1 egg
- Use your standing mixer with the kneading attachment
- Put the sugar and the yeast in, pour the lukewarm milk over the yeast and sugar
- With a fork, mix a little
- Now add the oil, salt, and flour
- Work all the ingredients together for a few minutes, untill you get a no-sticky dough.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover with clingfilm
- Leave it to raise for 1 hour
- On a floured surface roll the dough out rather thin.
- Now spread the patè all over it and then sprinkle the chopped onion on top.
- See the picture below, it shows you how to gon about with this passage.
- Roll the dough and then cut in half: see photo!
- Now twist each piece from one edge till you get the other edge.
- Lay the stwisted dough on a baking sheet lined with parchement paper
- Brush the beaten egg on top
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely before having it.
Now, let’s see…. are you going to making it any time soon? Please let me know if you have liked it, I do know that not everyone likes black olives and onions, but it is whats gives to this bread its unique strong flavour!