“TAGLIATELLE CON PEPERONI & SALAME”
Ok, salami may not be the healthy thing to eat, but…how good is it?! A few nights ago I was really craving for a yummy tasty dinner, so i thought to pair chopped salami with peppers. And pasta, tagliatelle pasta, which is a long flat type of egg pasta. Very nice indeed. The pieces of slightly fried salami gave to this dish a touch of crunchiness, tender stripes of pepers were like the ultimate final touch.
That’s it, no more blah-blah, time to chop salami.
for 2 people
- 150gr of tagliatelle egg pasta
- 80gr of frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 small bell pepers, 1 yellow and 1 red
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatos, chopped
- 70gr of italian salami, thickly sliced and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Take the white bits and seeds off the chopped bell peppers, cut them into stripes.
- Boil them untile they get pretty tender. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, drizzle some olive oil, add the sliced onion and cook it until it gets golden brown.
- Add the small pieces of italian salami.
- Stir well for a couple of minutes
- Add the cooked peppers, chopped tomatoes and peas.
- Add a glass of water and stir well untile the water evaporates.
- In the meantime cook the tagliatelle egg pasta, they usually take 7 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and put it into the saucepan with the rest of the cooked ingredients.
- Stir well, add some salt and pepper and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
Of course you must love bell peppers and be able to digest them properly, if bell peppers are not your thing…this recipe is definitely not right for you, but you can pair chopped fried salami with some other veggie, why not?!