Another Focaccia Bread recipe but this one is very particular. I have no idea how this combo came through my mind, I knew I wanted a olive pate’ focaccia and wanted to add a second ingredient that was going to give something extra and special to this focaccia. I thought of hazelnut grain. Just like that.
Don’t judge it before you have tried it . It’s very delicious, just perfect with a glass of wine.
This focaccia is not that thick and soft as the other ones I made, this one has to be flatter and with a brown outer border.
Please have a look to the other Focaccia bread recipes I’ve posted here in my blog:
- Artichokes & Olives FOCACCIA Bread
- Cherry Tomatoe & Onion FOCACCA Bread
- Pesto & Sundried Tomatoes FOCACCIA Bread
Let’s see what you need to do.
- 80ml of warm water
- 3 ts of sugar
- 7g of active yeast
- 250g of flour
- 50ml of olive oil
- 1 ts of salt
- 50g of hazelnut grain
- 3 tbs of black olive patè
Please note: you might need more water if the dough is too weak.
Please note: you will need extra olive oil at the end
- Place the yeast into the warm water in a bowl. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer stir in the flour, olive oil, salt.
- Then add the yeast and water mixture.
- Add in the olive pate’.
- Work this dough for at least 5 minute, 10 minutes if you are kneading it by hand
- Grease a plastic bowl and place the dough in it, cover it with clingfilm and leave it to raise for 1h.
- Turn the raised dough onto a floured surface
- Roll it out a little, must be 1,5cm.
- Transfer the rolled out dough into the baking sheet (lined with parchment paper)
- Cover the baking sheet with clingfilm and let it rest for 25 minutes.
- By using your fingertips, poke some holes into the focaccia.
- Pour some extra olive oil all over
- Sprinkle the grain all over it
- Sprinkle extra olive oil (plenty of it!) and some salt all over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at 180° for 20 minutes.
Please try this recipe, grains add that extra crunchiness to this flavoured focaccia, it’s just perfect!