This is a classic one. Cherry tomatoes & Sliced onions, a classic but still one of the best focaccias you can have! Everyone is going to love this focaccia.
Please have a look to the other Focaccia bread recipes I’ve posted here in my blog:
- Artichokes & Olives FOCACCIA Bread
- Olive Patè & Hazelnuts FOCACCIA Bread
- Pesto & Sundried Tomatoes FOCACCIA Bread
Let’s see what you need to do.
for 5/6 individual focaccias
- 90ml of warm water
- 2 ts of sugar
- 7g of active yeast
- 270g of flour
- 25ml of olive oil
- 1 ts of salt
- 20 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 onions, sliced
Please note: you might need more water if the dough is too weak.
Please note: you will need extra olive oil at the end
- Place the yeast into the warm water in a bowl. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer stir in the flour, olive oil, salt.
- Then add the yeast and water mixture
- Work this dough for at least 5 minute, 10 minutes if you are kneading it by hand
- Grease a plastic bowl and place the dough in it, cover it with clingfilm and leave it to raise for 1h.
- Turn the raised dough onto a floured surface
- Roll it out a little, must be 1,5cm.
- Transfer the rolled out dough into the baking sheet (lined with parchment paper)
- Cover the baking sheet with clingfilm and let it rest for 40 minutes.
- By using your fingertips, poke some holes into the focaccia.
- Pour some extra olive oil all over
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle extra olive oil (plenty of it!) and some salt all over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at 180° for 20 minutes.
I added some chilli olive oil when I made my focaccia, are you into spicy food?!