Homemade bread leaves your home nicely smelling, the smell of freshly baked bread is something I can not resist. This dough is very, very easy to make and its particularity is that is baked into a tin. You can also use a cast iron pot with the lid on, it’s called “dutch oven”, I don’t have one of those so I used a baking tin.
It’s thick, soft but sturdy at the same time, idel as loaf if baked into a loaf tin as well. Do you really want to know I had this bread? I sliced it and grilled, and had it with grilled sausages. Yes, I really did. Simply delicious! Since it is so good and very easy to make, give it a go, you will not regret having made it.
you need a 20 cm baking tin
- 450gr of flour
- 260ml of water
- 7g of active yeast
- 1 ts of salt
- some olive oil
- Put the yeast and sugar in a large bowl, pour warm water over the above ingretients, stir gently and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Now add the flour and the salt.
- Knead vigorously for 5-6 minutes.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover with clingfilm and let rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Now lightly grease a baking tin with olive oil, and put the risen dought in.
- Cover again with clingfilm, let rise again for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime heat the oven at 170°.
- After 30-40 minutes brush some olive oil on top and bake for 30 minutes.
Good artisan bread, nobody can say no.
Ideal for bruschettas too, or toasted, chopped and used as croutons in your soup !
Try and make crutons with this Bread and use them in my “Chickpeas and Carrots Soup with chilli croutons”