In my Bakery, Sleek, there was something that used to sell so-ooo easily, and that was Coconut and Nutella. Anything that had either coconut or Nutella in it was a bestseller, always.
So when I thought to make a Bavarese back in June, I decided to play this winning card: let’s make a Coconut & Nutella Bavarese.
But I was not 100% happy with it, I wanted something more. When I have dessert I try to get one that has a soft, creamy part and something crunchy too. So I thought “I can use hazelnuts!”, and grabbed the container with hazelnuts grain, and that was it.
for a 20cm long plumcake tin
40ml of whipping cream
170g of icing sugar
80g of coconut flour
20g of gelatine sheets
30g of hazelnut grain
A few tablespoons of Nutella
- Whip up the cream with the icing sugar.
- Add the coconut flour but do not use the whisk attachment , use a spatula to incorporate the coconut flour in.
- Soften the gelatine sheets in cold water and then. Wring gently to remove excess water, melt the softened sheets in a microwave stirring until melted.
- Then drizzle it into the whipped cream you have just made, stir it in gently.
- Coat the inside of the plumcake tin with clingfilm
- Now pour in about 2cm of mixture
- Sprinkle the Hazelnut grain all over
- Pour in the remaing part of mixure
- Refrigerate for 5 hours
- Turn the tin onto a serving dish and spoon the Nutella all over it.
I know, you might fall in love with me for this recipe.
Have you ever thought about the combo “Hazelnut and coconut”? It really works.