Pizza and bread are, of course, allowed while you are on a diet, but some times you really feel like having a huge pizza or a good panini...but you just had almost your entire portion of carbs for the day.
And the craving for pizza just will not go away. Cloud Bread is the answer. Ok, let’s be clear now, it is not bread, and it definitely is not pizza dough, but it take that craving away with no guilt. I’ve used this recipe several times, both for “sandwiches” and as pizza dough. Please give it a go, don’t rule it out straight away just because it is not” proper” bread. You’ll be surprised about how delicious it can be 😀
- 3 egg whites
- 30gr of flour
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Whisk the egg whites, by using the whisker attachment of your standing mixer.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper.
- Now spread this mixture on a baking sheet, lined with partchment paper.
- PLEASE NOTE: spread a little olive olive on the partchment paper.
- Spread the whole mixture if you wish to make pizza, or you can make smaller batches for “bread”.
- Thickness: don’t go any thinner than 1,5cm.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190° for 15 minutes, or untile golden brown.
- Let the smaller ones cool down and garnish.
- If you wish to make pizza: add your favourite topping on top the cooked mixture, and re-place the baking sheet in the oven untile all your toppings are cooked.
As for the “bread slices” (yes, I should call them “fake bread slices”) you can have them during the day and they will still be just time, the pizza-version is yummy if eaten straight away, if you leave it aside for a few hours it will get kinda “dampish”.
I usually enjoy it quite a lot, please let me know if have tried it before anche how you garnish your sandwich!