Croissant soffici, cacao ed arancia!
I’m not usually into things that take ages to be prepared and cooked, but I really wanted to make croissants. I knew there is a “softer and easier” version, called “soft croissant”, but if you know me by now…I don’t like to go for what everyone else does, I need to add my own personal touch, that’s why I came up with idea of making chocolate soft croissant filled with orange jam.
This recipe is fairly simple, yes you have to “laminate” the dough but just a couple of times and not a million times like in proper buttery croissants.
Ready for it?!
for 10 croissants
- 200 g of bread flour
- 55g of cake flour
- 45g of cocoa powder
- 4g of active yeast
- 120 ml of lukewarm milk
- 50 ml of oil
- 50 g of very soft/creamy butter
- 90 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- some orange jam for filling
- Use your standing mixer with the kneading attachment
- Put all the above ingredient into the bowl, but the butter, keep the butter for later
- Activate the mixer and work the dough very well for a few minutes
- You should get a firm and elastic dough
- Pre-heat the over at 180°
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover with clingfilm and let it rest for 1h and 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the raised dough, keep a rectangular shape
- Now spread half the quantity of the butter just on one half of the rolled out doung
- Fold the other half on top
- Use your rolling pin and roll the rectangular-dough just a couple of times, press a little, not to much.
- Now do it again: butter just one half of the rolled out dough and then fold the other half on top.
- Use again you rolling pin and roll out the double-folded dough. Thickness: 1cm
- Now cut the rectangular in 10 “long” triangles.
- Starting from the larger edge, roll the triangle in, forming 10 nice croissants.
- Place them all on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When they are not hot anymore, use a sac a poche and fill them with the jam.
You can also cut them in half and fill them this way.
Long and detailed explanation but believe me, it is so easy and you’ll be so happy in the morning having breakfast with these delicious soft croissants!