I love just about anything that Jamie Oliver does. I admire him for the passion he puts into his job, love how you can tell he loves cooking, and his recipes are a success, always.
Since I owened a BugerPlace for five years, I must admit I’ve had quite enough of meat burgers, but I’m still very much into tuna.
These tuna burgers are simply delicious, and I’ve made them following Jamie’s recipe but with a little twist…I’ve added in some chopped sundried tomatoes, and believe me the combo is absolutely super good!
Let’s how to make Tuna Burgers with Sundried tomatoes.
for 2 tuna burgers
- 300 g fresh tuna steak
- 1 sprig of fresh basil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small lemon , zest and juice
- 4/5 slices of sundred tomatoes, finely chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Whiz the tuna, basil, onions, salt, lemon zest and sundried tomatoes, together in a food processor.
- Shape the mixture into 2 balls, then gently flatten them down with your hand, make a nice thick patty.
- Place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan or even better your bbq griddle or a griddle pan.
- Brush the burgers with the olive oil
- Cook for 2 max 3 minutes each side and then again some extra minutes on each side. If they are about 1 inch thick, it will take about 5/6 minutes to cook properly. Do not overcook them, we don’t want them to be too dry.
Done, they are ready. You can have them with a mixed salad or the “yummy way”, with toasted bread and a teaspoon of lemon mayonese and a couple of fresh tomatoes slices.
They make a fantastic dinner and a good alternative to classic meat burgers.
I’ve used sundried tomatoes because they go very well with tuna, what would you use instead?
Please see the original Jamie Oliver’s recipe.