I must admit that pictures for this recipe really suck. And on top of that, this “recipe” may seems to be very taste-less and boring.
You might be wrong on this latest point though. In fact, it was very fullfilling and enjoyable. So yeah, it’s not lasagna, of course, but it’s a healthy alternative and totally, utterly guilt-free!
for 2 people
- 10 slices of a large aubergine
- 300ml of tomato sauce
- 300gr of ricotta cheese
- 500gr of spinach (defrosted and drained)
- salt & pepper
- some extra virging olive oil
- Grill the aubergine slices.
- Let them cool down
- In the meantime put the drained spinach into a large bowl
- Mix the spinach very well with the ricotta cheese, salt and pepper
- Take a spoonful of spinach mixture and place it on each slice of aubergine
- Roll up each slice and make a “cannelloni” looking log.
- Put all you “aubergine cannelloni” into a baking dish
- Pour the tomato sauce all over the aubergine cannelloni
- sprinkle same salt all over
- Bake for 20-25 mins, temperature 175°
- When they are ready, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top.
Very easy, and hussle free. Please give it a go before saying you won’t like it 🙂