- 150g of flour
- pinch of salt
- 70g of butter, very cold and diced
- 1 egg yolk
- Flour and salt go in a large bowl.
- Add the diced cold butter
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour, until you get a mixture that slightly looks like “crumbles”.
- Add the egg yolk, little by little.
- Knead the dough for 20 seconds, enough to make a “ball” of out it, do not over-knead it.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and place into the fridge, take it out of the fridge 20 mins before you need to use it.
Download the RECIPE in pdf. SHORTCRUST