Lemon and salmon is a combo I really like, as you may already know if you have tried my Salmon, Olive and Lemon Pasta. I did it again. I developed this new recipe using salmon, lemon and lots of good veggies. In particular I’ve used asparagus, which are often paired with salmon, so I though “let’s try them out with salmon in a risotto!”. And that’s how this recipe came up.
It is very creamy and tasty. Lemon is not used in risotto recipes that much, and of course it gives it strong but delicate flavour at the same time. Let’s see how I made this yummy risotto.
for 2 people
- 180gr of rice
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100gr of peas
- 10 asparagus
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 20gr of butter
- 150gr of smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Put the olive oil and the sliced onion in a frying pan, let it wither and get golden brown. Set aside.
- Fill a sauce pan with 2 glasses of water.
- Add all the veggies: chopped carrots, peas and the asparagus (chopped)
- Let the vegetables cook until all the water in evaporated.
- Now add the cooked onion and 3 extra glasses of water.
- Add the rice and cook it for the time specified on the box (it varies)
- You may need to add some water.
- When rice and veggies are cooked, turn the heat off.
- Add the lemon juice and the zest, plus the salmon (sliced into fine pieces)
- Stir well, the hot rice will cook the salmon, no need to put the saucepan back on the heat.
- Now add the butter and let it melt into your risotto, it will make it very creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Your delicious Salmon, veggie and lemon risotto is ready.
I loved the taste and the colours of this risotto. If you are a vegetarian, feel free to avoid using the salmon, a different option with veggies and lemon only will taste delicious as well, pretty sure about it.