I love rice flour, every cake you make with it comes out so nice and soft. I used in cookies this time around though. Rice flour and coconut flakes, sounds just perfect to me!
What I really like with coconut is berry jam, kinda bitter but goes well with coconut. That’s how I made these Rice flour cookies with Berry Jam, maxi cookies, pretty big, to be enjoyed with a nice cup of tea. The taste is very delicate and yummy, sot but not too much, moist in the middles thank to the berry jam.
Anyway, are yoy ready for the recipe?! Let’s go.
7 maxi cookies
- 100gr of butter
- 100gr of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250gr of rice flour
- 150gr of coconut flakes
- ¼ ts of baking soda
- ¼ ts of baking powder
- 200gr of Berry jam
- Using your standing mixer, cream the butter with the eggs, untile you get a pale creamy mixture.
- Add the sugar and the coconut flakes.
- Mix well for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix again for a couple of minute untile the flour is well incorporated with the rest of the mixture.
- By using a spoon, spoon the mixture on a baking sheet, lined with partchement paper, you should divide the batter in 7/8 equal parts, if you wish to make maxi cookies like I did.
- Now spread the berry jam on top. (see photo)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (200°) for 15 minutes.
When they are ready, sprinkle some more coconut flakes on top.
We loved them, really, and you can make small ones for an afternoon tea with your friends!