Tea, tea and tea again. This double tart, as I call it, is just perfect with a nice cuppa. (which is a cup of tea for all of you across the pond!).
So delicate and buttery, it does melt into your mouth. The peach filling will make you just fall in love with this tart. Very nice and easy to make.
for a 20cm baking tin
- 5 peaches
- juice of 1 lemon
- 55g of brown sugar
- 25g of butter
- 1 egg
- 20g of caster sugar
- SHORTCRUST: Please use MY RECIPE FOR SHORTCRUST and DOUBLE the quantity of the ingredients !
- Have your Pastry ready to be used.
- Peal and dice the peaches
- Put them into a saucepan with the brown sugar, butter and the lemon juice
- Stir well and let cook for 15 mins until you get some sort of “pulp”.
- Pre-heat oven at 175°
- Divide the pastry in two doughs.
- Roll each dough and with one of them line the baking pan.
- Now take the pulp of peaches and spread it all over this rolled out piece of pastry
- Roll out the other dough and nicely place it on top of the peach pulp.
- Seal the edges all around.
- Slightly whisk the egg and brush it all over the tart
- Now sprinkle the caster sugar all over it
- By using a fork make little holes on the top layer of pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes
You’ll be surprised by the nice flavoured of this tart as soon as it comes out of the oven 🙂
Ideal for an afternoon tea or as a treat late at night (Yes, we all know that we crave this kind of things sometimes!)