for 450g of cream
- 4 eggs
- 70g of sugar
- 20g of flour
- 25g of maizena
- 400ml of whole milk
- ½ ts of vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until they turn a pale gold colour.
- Add in the flour and cornflour, stir and set aside.
- Heat the whole milk with vanilla in a saucepan, bring to gentle simmer. Let it cool.
- Now carefully pour one third of the milk into the bowl with the egg mixture, stir continuously, this will prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Take this milk+ eggs mixture and pour it into the remaining milk in the sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture back to the boil,whisking continuously.
- Pour the cream into a clean bowl
- Sit the bowl of pastry cream in another larger bowl of very cold water or ice.
- When cooled, refrigerate.
You can download a pdf file here: PASTRY CREAM