If you have kids you may know “Princess and the Frog”, and if you know this Disney movie….you may also know New Orleans Bignets!
Nice bignets like Tiana used to make them and sprinkled with icing sugar! Ready to try and make these simple but delicious “sweet soft pillows” ?!
- 4g of active yeast
- 250g of bread flour
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 65g of butter
- 40g of sugar
- 125ml of warm water
- oil for frying
- icing sugar
- In a bowl combine the warm water, sugar and yeast.Let it restfor 5 minutes.
- In your standing-mixer combine the eggs with the yeast mixture.
- Add the bread flour.
- Add the butter and mix.
- Switch to your dough attachment and knead well.
- Grease a bowl and place the dough inside, cover with clingfilm
- Set the bowl in a warm area and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle your counter with lots flour, the dough wil be very sticky.
- Place the dough on top , sprinkle more flour on top and roll out the dough (2cm thick)
- Slice into squares (4cmx4cm)
- Heat vegetable oil.
- Fry the dough squares, turn them once per side, it will take you about 3 to 4 minutes to fry every single bignets.
- Dust them with icing sugar!
Delicious! You can use honey on top as well, sticky and so-ooo good!
Have fun !