Fresh super fresh and a summer must! We all love cheesecake, don’t we? So you’d better go and buy some limes because I don’t see any reasons why you should not make these cheesecake squares, they are delicious and super fresh. Lime and coconut go so well together.
Although lime desserts usually do not sell very well in my Bakery, these ones have been a great success!
for a 20x15cm tin
for the cheesecake
- 200g of digestive cookies
- 80g of butter
- 400g of creamcheese
- 200g of icing sugar
- 200ml of whipping cream
- 80g of coconut flave
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Process the cookies into a food processor until they are totally crushed.
- Put the crumbs into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix well.
- Spread the mixture of crumbles and butter on the bottom of the tin, form an even layer.
(tin must be lined with parchment paper. NB. Leave some extra paper over the edges of the tin, it will help you to take the cheesecake out once it will be ready)
- Now whip the whipping cream with your standing mixer
- Add the icing sugar and the lime juice and whip some more, approx 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, in 3 batches.
- Mix well until you get a very smooth mixture.
- Add in the coconut flakes and the lime zest and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour this mixture into the pan and refrigerate per 2 hours
- Now take the entire “block” off the tin by lifting it with the help of the extra parchment paper.
- Cut into squares, serve chilled
You’d better go and make it now, and please leave a comment afterwards, I’m curious to know if you liked it. (Of course you will!)