I’m into any kind of lemon desserts. I love a good lemon plumcakes or even a very strong Lemon Curd. This cake is super yummy because is very lemony but it also reminds me of a cheesecake, somehow, and these two things combined into one make a marvellous dessert.
This cake is fresh, light tasting, and perfect for anyone who loves lemon desserts like I do.
Creamcheese and greek yogurt layer:
- 115g of Greek Yogurt
- 115g of Cream Cheese
- 50g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ts of fresh lemon juice
- 150g coconut flakes
For the cake:
- 200g of flour
- 1/2 ts of baking powder
- 1/4 ts of baking soda
- 1/4 ts of salt
- 100ml of oil
- 150g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g of Greek yogurt
- zest of one lemon
- 4 tbs of fresh lemon juice
Crumbs on top:
- 70g of flour
- 50g of sugar
- 2 tbs of butter, cold and cubed
Preheat oven to 175° and line a 20x20cm baking tin with parchment paper, please note that the paper should cover the sides of the tin as well.
The creamcheese & yogurt layer and cake
- Mix together very well the creamcheese, the yogurt, eggs and lemon juice, til you get a creamy mixture. Leave it aside to rest a little.
- Now in the bowl of your standing mixer pour the oil in plus the sugar and the egg, whisk til you get a smooth mixture.
- Now add in the greek yogurt, lemon zest, the juice and the coconut flakes.
- Mix it very well, till you get a smooth mixture.
- Add in the flour, the baking soda, the salt and the baking powder, do not overbeat it.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and spread the creamcheese and greek yogurt mixture all over the cake batter.
- Now almost one by one, add the blueberries, slightly push them down into the creamcheese mixture. Try and spread them evenly.
The crumbs layer
Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and using a fork or your fingertips, gently rub the butter cubes into the sugar and flour, till you get floured and sugar coated little pieces of butter.Not too small though.
Sprinkle the crumbs evenly on the creamcheese layer and bake for about 40 minute in the over at 175°.
It’s fresh and very tasty. I highly reccomend this cake with a nice cup of coffee, chatting with your girl-friends or even as a nice night treat for yourself!
It has a vey particular taste, is it something you might like? Please let me know if you too love lemon-desserts.
Adapeted from Lovely Little Kitchen