Easy yummy and so nice to serve during a special dinner party. I love garlic so I don’t actually mind having food with garlic in, so please be advised that these bread knots can be “pretty dangerous” 😉
Pair them with sliced of cured ham, or chunks of any seasoned cheese, “wow effect” is guaranteed!
for the dough
- 270gr of flour
- 250ml of warm water
- 1 ts of sugar
- 4gr of active yeast
- 1 ts of salt
- 2 tbs of olive oil
for the coating
- 50gr of parmesan cheese, grated
- 60gr of butter
- 2 tbs of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 ts of garlic, ground
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (use the dough hook) add all the dry ingredients and combine.
- Now add the warm water, olive oil, combine again until you can see a nice dough forming a ball.
- Grease a larke bowl with some olive oil and place the dough in it.
- Let rise (cover with cling film) for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough in several pieces, each should weight (more or less!) 45grams.
- Take each piece and form a log with it, now with this “string” (looking like a long sausages) make a knot with.
- Continue with each piece of dough.
- Place every knot on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Now melt the butter in the microwave
- Add garlic, parmesan and parsley to the melted butter
- Brush this mixture on each dough.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes
- In the meantime pre-heat oven at 175°.
- When ready, bake for 20 minutes.
If you are not into garlic, I can suggest you to make them hot and spicy, you can avoid using garlic and use paprika instead, or a mix of your favourite spices as well!