I dont really want to spend much time to talk about French Crullers, there is not much to say really, the recipe is super easy but the result is something you are going to remember for a long time. They melt into your mouth and are just perfect as an afternoon treat with a cup of coffee.
- for 10-12 crullers
- 240ml of water
- 95g of butter
- 15g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150g of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- vegetable oil, for frying.
FOR THE GLAZE
- 150g of icing sugar
- 4 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, place the water, butter, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stirr with a wooden spoon, untill all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Cook and stir for the next 4 minutes, the water should steam away. That’s totally fine.
- The mixture is ready when there will be a “film-looking” layer of micture at the bottom of the saucepan.
- Now place the mixture in the bowl of a standing mixer, use the paddle attachment, for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Now add 1 egg and mix again for 1 minute, then the second egg and the third. Mixing well.
- Add the egg white, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Take a piping bag and fill it up with the mixture.
- Pipe each cruller on a single piece of partchemnt paper, 10x10cm approx.
- This will help you to place each cruller into the frying pan.
- Heat about 5 cm of vegetable oil in a frying pan, temperature should be 180°
- When the oil is hot, take each cruller with the paper attcahed and gently remove the paper when the cruller is about to be placed in the hot oil.
- Fry each cruller for 3 minutes, each side.
- When ready place each cruller on a paper towel to remove to drain the oil.
Now prepare the glaze:
Mix very well with a whisker all the 3 ingredients and pour the glaze over your crullers.
What can I say! There is nothing much to add, these are so delicious!