I tend to make desserts that are typically from the UK or the USA, this time I’ve decided to try this traditiona Bazilian cake. Unusual, with a vey particular texure, but believe me it will melt into your mouth, it is so good!
Ideal for breakfast, known as Broa de Fubá. Once you try it, you’ll love it for ever. Wanna bet? It is so-ooo simple to make and delicious with a very nice cup of tea.(Yes, at the end of the day I’m into British desserts so I’d have just about anything with tea, really).
for about 10/12 squares of cake
- 3 eggs
- 80g of flour
- 115g of butter
- 7g of baking powder
- 130g of sugar
- 100ml of oil
- 280g of yellow cornmeal
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180ml of milk
- Take your baking pan (20x25cm -ish) and slightly butter it or use parchment paper.
- Melt the butter, gently, in the microwave.
- In the bowl of your mixer, place the eggs, sugar, milk, oil, salt and whick everything together for 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, the baking powder and the cornmeal.
- Beat together.
- Take the mixture and spread it evenly into the pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180° for about 25 minute.
- Let the cake chill a little than cut it into squares.
Nothing difficult as usual, but very delicious. Try it for your nect sunday breakfast, you definitely won’t regret it.