So yeah, sometimes I don’t mind a veggie option, like I’ve already told you in my recipe for Lentil & Chickpea Burgers. I really like a good curry and this veggie option has really surprised me, I told everyone about it the next day, it was so delicious and hearty. Spicy and flavored, just like I like my food.
for 2 people
- 100gr of carrots, chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 280ml of water
- 5 ts of curry powder
- salt and pepper
- some olive oil
- Steam or boil the chopped carrots until they are tender.
- In a saucepan drizzle some olive oil and add the sliced onio, let it cook until it becomes slightly golden.
- Add 3 tablespoon of water and the curry powder.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and carrots.
- Keep stiring, so that the curry powder really gets into the sliced golden onion.
- Add the drained chickpean and stir well adding the remaining water and the coconut milk.
- Cook untile you get a creamy ranny consistency, not liquid, just creamy and slightly runny.
- Add salt and pepper.
I had mine with white steamed rice, which is the most popular choise, but of course you can have with veggies or anything else you like! I reckon a nice grilled slice of Crusty Bread would be just perfect with this dish!