I made this dish on one of those cosy night in, when i really wanted to have something nice but without feeling too guilty.
Very easy to make and with a lot of flavour!
for 2 people
- 400gr boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 onions, sliced
- 350gr pealed and chopped carrots
- 3 ts of paprika
- 5/6 tbs of maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- Take the chicken breasts and make some deep cuts on it, the brush with a little maple syrup and add the patrika, kind of “massage” these two ingredients into the cuts.
- Place on a plate, cover it with the sliced onion
- Cover the plate with alliminium film and leave in the fridge for 2 hours
- Pre-heat the oven at 175°
- Take the chicken out of the dridge and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Add the chopped carrots
- Brush the rest of the maple syrup on the chicken breasts
- Add some salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 mins – check if it is ready!
NB: By cooking the carrots for 15 minutes only, they will be still very crunchy.
If you prefer them softer, bake them for 15 minutes BEFORE you bake the chicken, basically cook the carrots in the oven for 20 minutes and then bake them again for other 15 minutes with the chicken.
I really enjoyed it and had it while watching a nice girlie-movie. Just the perfect night in!