I was on Jamie’s Italian searching for info regarding a job I’d love to apply to, and a few pictures from Jamie’s website inspired this recipe. I love Jamie Oliver, have been a huge fan since the beginning of his career, and I might be wrong but there is a little change he might like this recipe 🙂
Gnocchi with caramelized carrots and cherry tomatoes.
just for 1 person
- 140g of gnocchi
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 200ml of tomato sauce
- 2 carrots
- 1 tb of black olives
- some good olive oil
- 2 tbs of sugar
- In a sauce pan pour 1 glass of water and the carrots, sliced and chopped in quarters
- Cook them into the water until the water evaporates
- Add another glass of water and keep cooking until the water dreis out
- Now pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the carrots for 2 minutes
- Add the sugar and keep cooking, untill the carrots are slightly brown-ish.
- Put them aside
- In another saucepan put the cheery tomatoes sliced in quarters, cook them for 3-5 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes extra.
- Now cook the gnocchi.
- When the gnocchi are ready, drain them and add them into the saucepane with the cherry tomato sauce.
- Stir well and gently.
- Add in the olives and the carrots
- Add salt and pepper
So, what do you think, would Jamie appreciate this recipe?