Here we go, another quick idea. Let’s be honest here: I did not make the cannoli shells myself. I know I should give it a go one day, but I was so busy when I made these Cannoli filled with Cheesecake, no time to make Cannoli shells, at all.
I filled some bought shells with this dense cheesecake mixture and added almonds and chocolate flakes. Everyone is going to like these, and you can add some other extra ingredients of your choice instead of using almonds, if you wish! For these cannoli I’ve used the same cheesecake batter used for my COCONUT & LIME CHEESECAKE SQUARES, it is denser than other cheesecake batter and this preparation calls for a dense cheesecake batter.
- 400g of creamcheese
- 200g of icing sugar
- 200ml of whipping cream
- 80g of chocolate flakes
- 100g of finely crusched almonds
- 80g of chocolate flakes for topping
- Whip the whipping cream with your standing mixer
- Add the icing sugar and whip some more, approx 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, in 3 batches.
- Mix well until you get a very smooth mixture.
- Add in the chocolate bits and almonds. Combine very well with a spatula
- Now fill a piping bag with this cheesecake mixture, cut the tip of the bag, about 2cm wide.
- Fill the cannoli shells and then deep the edges into some more chocolate flakes
They will last a couple of days, even, but on the second they the shells will be very soft and not crunchy any longer, due to the moist it will absorb from the cheesecake mixture.
If you try them, please let me know if you have used some other ingredients instead of almonds and chocolate, your turn to give me some good ideas 😉