I’m not into pasta that much, and when I feel like having pasta, it has to be with a rich sauce or with some particular ingredients. I will definitely not crave for a portion of pasta with tomato sauce, I consider it “too plain”.
I don’t even know why but recently I’ve switched to wholegrain pasta and kinda enjoy its texture. While thinking about this recipe I wanted it to be easy to make, as usual, delicious, flavoured and with something crunchy in it.
I love broccoli, I love feta cheese. It’s a dish I would serve over summer time easily, because it’s fresh and with a particulare taste and texture to it.
for 2 people
- 180g of wholewheat pasta
- 150g of feta cheese
- 300g of mini broccoli
- 40g of almonds
- 5 tbs of extravirging olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta. Dont forgert the salt in the water!(see box for cooking time)
- Take another pot of water, bring to a boil and boil the mini broccoli for 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- When the pasta is ready and drained, put it back into the pot.
- Crush the almonds slightly and add them to the pasta.
- Crumble the festa cheese over the pasta and add in the broccoli as well.
- Add in teh salt and the black pepper.
- Stir a little and use the tablespoons of extra virging olive oil over the pasta, still well.
- Serve very hot.
I love it because is kind of healthy, it contains some fats from teh feta cheese, but overall it is a very good dish that usually doesn’t make me feel too guilty.
You can use walnuts instead of almonds and you could also cook some champignons mushrooms and add them in. Very tasty and tempting.